Payment gateway license in India is issued by the Reserve bank of India to those entities who want to establish a payment gateway in India. There are several aspects to the process of getting the license and through this article, we are going to dive into them.
When it comes payment gateway license, India’s need of it has increase by 10 folds during the pandemic. While we are currently chocking because of the lack of oxygen, one thing that has been able to hold us together is the presence of online transaction. It has allowed us to buy things online and pay for them via online mode – helping us maintaining social distancing and contact-less buying all at the same time.
Seeing the need, many companies have come up with their own payment gateway. Most of them have been successful, but we still need more. Thankfully, the reserve bank of India is now more than ever willing to issue payment gateway license. All you need to do is follow the process of certification. In this article, we are going to discuss all the nuances of this certification and provide you the details pertaining to them.
Becoming Eligible for The Payment Gateway License in India
Owing to the nature of the business of payment gateway, the RBI is only issuing the payment gateway license to those who are able to fit the following criteria:
- The applicant is incorporated as a company
- The applicant’s net worth is at least INR 15 Crore
- The applicant has a business plan that can guarantee to enhance the net worth by INR 25 Crore after 3 years of operation.
In order to become eligible to the above, you need to do the following:
- Reach out to business consultants and incorporate your company. Make its objective to provide payment gateway license.
- Bootstrap or reach out to investors to get your net worth up to INR 15 Crore
- Invest in a business plan following which you can enhance your net worth.
Filing the Application for Payment Gateway Certification
Following are the steps to file the application for payment gateway certification in India:
- Put together the required documents
- Use those documents to fill the application form with precise detail.
- Submit the application form with the required documents as attachments.
- Let the RBI process your application.
- The Reserve bank might ask you to provide more documents. Do so in a timely manner.
- Once your application is processed and it’s deemed that you’re indeed worthy of payment gateway license, you’ll be issued the certificate.
Read More License: BIS License
Documents Required for Payment Gateway License
Following are the documents that allows RBI to assess your status as a worthy applicant for RBI payment gateway license:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum of association
- Articles of association
- Net worth certificate
- Balance sheets and other financial statements
- Business plan
- Duly filed application form
- Duly filled receipt of payment gateway license cost.
Starting a payment gateway is a noble dream in India. However, to obtain it without any issues, you must consult with our payment gateway experts. For more information in this regard, reach out to Registrationwala.