Are you a binge-watcher of entertainment websites, and movies like; Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and other well-known websites but failed to perform the analysis because of technical faults? This could be because of geo-restrictions that you cannot access Disney Plus in Malaysia, Kayo Sports Overseas and many more to mention.
Usually, we are looking for a third way, so we don’t have to invest money potentially within the package, and enjoy the services for free!
Instead of watching a video, or movie from a platform where the video quality is very low, the best option is to move towards a Free VPN connection and enjoy unlimited access with a definite data limit.
In this article, let’s explore the pros and cons of using a free VPN, and why it’s recommended for daily watchers of entertainment videos, and movies!
The usage of Free VPNs has increased rapidly, in the past few years because of the active watchers and streamers of entertainment.
A Research Over the Watch History
As per a research analysis, it has been observed that another major milestone has been achieved over the past few years increasing a rapid growth in the usage of Netflix; a well-known entertainment website.
Netflix right now has 203.6 million active users, and subscribers, all over the world, which is a great achievement in just the first half of 2020, till Feb 2021.
We learned about these facts, and the tricks of watching Netflix with a free VPN connection, from Rant Ent which is an entertainment hack, and news based website with a lot of active readers.
Some of the best streaming shows of Netflix are listed below;
- Cobra Kai
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- Tiny Pretty Things
- Alice in Borderland
- The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor
- Big Mouth
- The Crown
- The Queen’s Gambit
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Using a Free VPN
In this section, the main topic of discussion will be the core advantages and disadvantages of choosing a Free VPN over a Paid Version.
Pros of Free VPN
- With a Free VPN, you can watch all your favorite shows, without purchasing any package.
- Free VPNs come with all the security features, to enrich the connection like AES-256 bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, and others.
- There are no hidden charges; all the well-known Free VPNs mention all the charges and facilities within their connection.
- The security protocols allow customers to bypass the restriction and enjoy unlimited access over the Internet.
- Split-tunneling and Kill Switch feature makes the connection stronger, and transfer of data packets steadily.
Cons of Free VPN
- Many free VPNs sell the online activities logs of customers, for money to marketing companies.
- Some VPNs are maintaining a log of customers’ online activities without acknowledging them about this activity.
- Usually, customers face a slow down in the speed of the connection, because of the traffic and requests generated over the Internet.
- You usually don’t get the privilege of choosing a protocol, and server as per your choice which is made available in the premium versions.
- The vulnerabilities and ambiguities regarding identity theft are very high because there is less trust factor over the connection.
- Customers can face issues within the connection made, regarding the unblocking of geo-restricted websites like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and others because they easily detect if there is any weak VPN proxy!
In a nutshell, the usage of free VPN is only recommended, when you’re not planning to invest any money in the means of VPN and its core connection because the premium version comes with a lot of security protocols, and makes the user’s confidence more vibrant whereas in terms of Free VPN, mostly youngsters and students plan to utilize the connection and enjoy encrypted network without investing any money.