People want to instantly satisfy their needs and wants. Technology has played a big role as we now have user-friendly mobile apps for booking cabs, dispatching products, ordering food, groceries and medicines, and processing digital payments.
But how about an app that offers numerous services on a single platform. The idea sounds cool, right? This is where Gojek, a popular Southeast Asian Super App, steps in. Established in 2010, it is a successful multi-services platform operating in 5 different countries (Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam).
Gojek offers different services like bike rental, cab booking, packing and moving, food delivery, online shopping from malls, home delivery of medicines, GoPay for processing online transactions, GoSure insurance, GoInvestasi (to earn more returns from assets), and GoFitness (exercise classes).
Gojek also merged with Tokopedia, an e-commerce company recently to create a new technology group named GoTo. An Initial Public Offering (IPO) will be launched in the market by the end of 2021 that will value GoTo at around $35-40 billion.
Decoding Gojek’s rapid rise as a technology giant in the on-demand economy
- It started as a small call centre in 2010 – for courier deliveries in Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia. Interestingly, all the operations were manual.
- The co-founder of Gojek, Nadiem Makarim, decided – in 2014 that a mobile app must be developed due to increased digitization in Indonesia.
- The mobile app for the Gojek Multi Services platform – was launched in 2015.
- Gojek launched a new digital wallet – named GoPay in 2017. It was used by customers to transfer money instantly, purchase goods from online shopping platforms, and track their expenditure on a real-time basis.
- It came out with GoFitness in August 2019 – where fitness enthusiasts can do various exercises, pilates, yoga, Zumba, and other workouts.
- Gojek announced the launch of GoInvestasi – in May 2020. It is an online platform established in partnership with an Indonesian investment app named Pluang. GoInvestasi offers benefits like low transaction fees, assets insured by the Kliring Berjangka Indonesia (KBI) clearance agency, and greater returns for investors through buying and selling of digital gold.
- The powerful combo of Gojek and Tokopedia has – more than 100 million monthly active users and earned a humongous Gross Transaction Value (GTV) of $22 billion in 2020.
- Gojek and Tokopedia contribute around 2% – to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to the Indonesian economy.
- They are an integral part of the $134 billion – SouthEast Asian on-demand services market. Gojek along with Tokopedia has impacted multiple industries like e-commerce, fintech, grocery delivery, food delivery, and transport.
Launching a world-class on-demand multi-services platform like Gojek requires the entrepreneurs to possess adequate knowledge of the market, hire experienced developers, and assemble the required tech stack. This will involve a lot of investment and the platform will take several months or years to come out in the market.
However, a viable alternative would be to collaborate with an app development company for customized Gojek clone development. Well-versed developers will create user-friendly Android and iOS apps for the customers, drivers, and service providers. A modern web panel will also be developed for processing online orders quickly. An advanced admin dashboard helps to monitor the day-to-day business operations efficiently.
What are the fantastic features of a Multi-Services App like Gojek?
Live tracking of orders and cabs – The users can switch on the GPS option on their smartphones to track the movement of their orders (food, groceries, and medicines) and vehicles (bikes and cars). They can plan their schedule efficiently by knowing the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA).
Acceptance of numerous payment methods – The customers can quickly pay for the availed services on the Gojek clone through cash, credit cards, debit cards, and the payment systems of Development Bank of Singapore (DBS) PayLah!, Mastercard, and Visa.
Availability of multiple discounts and offers – The users of the Multi Services app like Gojek can reduce their total bill significantly by utilizing the different coupons, deals, and promo codes.
A rating and review system – The customers can rate the quality of the ordered products and services on a scale of 1-5 in the integrated feedback system.
Flexible cancellation of services – The users are allowed to cancel their booked orders and services anytime without paying any extra fees.
Sharing of instant notifications – The customers will receive real-time notifications about their booking status, location of the delivery executive through push notifications. Email and SMS alerts are also sent to the users.
Access to earnings reports for the service providers – The service professionals registered on the Gojek clone can view comprehensive earnings reports. They will know their total income (bonuses, commission, and tips) earned over a period.
A Heatmap – The admin will view the demand trends in different regions on the Multi Services app like Gojek. The Heatmap helps the admin to accordingly allocate tasks to the service providers based on their availability. Faster dispatch of orders is ensured by placing more service professionals in areas where there is high consumer demand.
What is the detailed process to follow for Gojek Clone development?
A consultation session is fixed with the entrepreneur to know his/her business plans and operational scope to establish a magnificent Multi Services App like Gojek.
An in-depth study is conducted by analyzing the style of functioning of other on-demand multi services apps like Gojek in their market. Insightful information is collected about their customer-friendly strategies and digital marketing tactics.
Multiple team members like finance managers, marketing specialists, mobile app developers, project managers, QA analysts, technical support executives, and UI/UX designers are hired for developing the Gojek clone.
The Minimum Viable Product (MVP) of the Multi Services App like Gojek is created. It contains fundamental features like order processing, order tracking, payment execution, and customer support.
All the needed functionalities are added to the front-end and back-end of the Gojek clone. Talented QA testers extensively test its overall performance and security and get rid of the technical bugs and glitches.
The ready-to-use Multi services app like Gojek is launched in the target market at an apt time. It gets thousands of orders from interested customers.
The specialized digital marketing team conducts promotional campaigns to share the multiple advantages of the Gojek clone across popular customer forums and social media networks.
What is the total budget for curating a Multi Services App like Gojek?
The cost of Gojek clone development depends on facets like cross-platform compatibility (Android, iOS, and Web), the selection of frameworks and technologies, the hourly charges paid to the front-end and back-end developers, the overall level of customization, third-party API integration, the time allocated, and the type of basic and advanced features.
Gojek has witnessed spectacular success in the market due to favourable trends like better Internet connectivity, increased smartphone usage, and a rise in disposable income of the customers. It has acquired global attention because of its innovative features and robust business model.
Hence, entrepreneurs can create a revolution in the on-demand economy by partnering with a reputed app development company now for gorgeous Gojek clone app development soon.